Three govt premises in JB receive bomb threat emails — police

TheEdge Mon, Feb 12, 2024 08:54pm - 2 weeks View Original


JOHOR BAHRU (Feb 12): Three government premises in Johor Bahru Selatan received emails containing bomb threats from a particular individual on Monday.

Johor Bahru Selatan police chief ACP Raub Selamat said the emails received by all three government premises are believed to originate from abroad.

He said one of the three government premises that received the emails is the Johor Bahru City Council Tower (Menara Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru, or Menara MBJB) in Bukit Senyum here.

"So far, in the Johor Bahru district, we have received three police reports from government premises, stating they had received the same email.

"It seems that the sender of the email is not specific to any one place, but rather general," he told reporters after leading security checks at Menara MBJB here.

Earlier, Raub said that police had conducted inspections on all 22 floors of Menara MBJB and did not detect any suspicious objects.

The content is a snapshot from Publisher. Refer to the original content for accurate info. Contact us for any changes.






Comments

Login to comment.