Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

PLUS sale needs to be done properly via Khazanah, EPF - Shahril Ridza

TheEdge Tue, Jan 14, 2020 02:35pm - 8 months ago


KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 14): Khazanah Nasional Bhd and the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) have never put up highway concessionaire PLUS Malaysia Bhd for sale and should the government decides to let go of PLUS, the next step is to conduct a formal engagement with the current shareholders.

Khazanah managing director Datuk Shahril Ridza Ridzuan said today the formal engagement with PLUS shareholders Khazanah and EPF has not started. Malaysia sovereign wealth fund Khazanah via UEM Group Bhd owns 51% of PLUS while EPF holds the remaining 49%.

“Any decision on sale from a governance point of view, needs to be done properly through the current owners of PLUS, that is Khazanah and EPF. That part has not started. 

“We have never put up the assets for sale. There is actually no bidding process, so there are no bidders. These are all unsolicited offers, which were made to the government rather than the current shareholders,” Shahril told reporters on the sidelines of the Bank Rakyat Integrity Forum 2020 here today.

He said Khazanah has always felt that the offers for PLUS undervalued the asset.

Shahril said this today ahead of the Cabinet meeting tomorrow, when the government will discuss the proposed takeover of PLUS and four Gamuda Bhd-related highways in the Klang Valley.

Yesterday, Bernama, quoting Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng, reported that the Cabinet will discuss the proposed takeover of PLUS and the four Gamuda -related highways during the Cabinet meeting tomorrow.

Lim said an announcement on the matter will be made after the Cabinet meeting.

Today, Shahril said Khazanah and the government is now on the same page as to how much PLUS is valued currently.

“And I am very happy to note that that valuation has been validated now by independent bankers both on the part of our side and the government side.

“And going forward, we need to understand the policy decision that the government is going to make through the Cabinet before we can take this any further," Shahril said.

 






Related Stocks

GAMUDA 3.480

Comments

Mr Ong Ti Chiang
Like · Reply
if it need to b sold,it should b solely sold to Epf,as a first choice,and no others

Login to comment.